[Imports] ArcGIS 10 will have OSM import, export and editing tools

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 6 15:01:29 BST 2010

On 6-7-2010 15:30, Reiser, John J. wrote:

> Hopefully this will encourage imports, or at least help familiarize
> mainstream GIS users with OSM.I have downloaded the tools and will be
> experimenting with them to see how they work.

Imports should be done with care and attention and reflection. Not as
'open this county GIS file, hit upload'.

Also note that there is a major shortcoming in this first release:
editing relations is not supported, and that wouldn't be so terribly bad
if it were not for this:

"Deleting a point, line, or polygon can have an effect of changing the
relation in which the feature participates."

Caveat emptor

--
Lennard