[Imports] Imports Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2

Reiser, John J. Reiser at rowan.edu
Tue Jul 6 19:34:44 BST 2010

It absolutely needs more work. It downloads OSM data by defined extent quite well. Getting edits on retrieved data back into OSM is another issue.

I think it's going to be a good tool for those that are familiar with Arc but just starting out with OSM. I think that the download and symbolize model is worth it alone, because now I can tell people that are interested in OSM, "well, you can download it right into ArcGIS" which is much more approachable than downloading scripts to process the data. Having it as an ArcToolbox function is even better, because I know most people I've talked to want to download just a small area and were unimpressed with the whole state snapshots provided by CloudMade.

John