[Imports] Imports Digest, Vol 13, Issue 2

Reiser, John J. Reiser at rowan.edu
Tue Jul 6 20:07:28 BST 2010

The ArcToolbox tool downloads the data as XML and then converts it into point, line and polygon feature classes within a geodatabase. It also performs an additional step by providing some elementary symbology for the downloaded elements. Doing the conversion from XML and coming up with appropriate colors, linetypes, etc is what's most foreign to the average ArcGIS user.

John