[Imports] MapQuest translation of Beijing - requesting feedback

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Wed Oct 27 09:26:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:49, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> There is a sort-of-similar project for country names.  OSM contributor
> and Wikipedian "Mazdermind" is the lead on this if I remember
> correctly.  They provide a page that tallies the number of country
> names in each language.  Have a look.
>
> http://toolserver.org/~mazder/multilingual-country-list/
>
> As a project, we're not crazy about grouping edits through a proxy
> username.  That isolation from the OSM community makes accountability
> and dispute resolution difficult.

I strongly agree with Richard here.

OSM is a distributed project, and there is no need for last century
products like a spreadsheet. It has been done before, as Richard has
highlighted, I see no big problems in a web app which could deal with
a subproject like the one you are planning to build.

--
-S