[Imports] new data available for albania

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Oct 28 13:59:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 10/28/2010 03:53 PM, Richard Weait wrote:
> PDDL would make the data available to all open data projects,
> including current OSM and future OSM under ODbL.  As it stands, the
> data you are putting forward as acceptable would have to be removed as
> part of the license change.

I don't think OSM should accept large-scale imports under CC-BY-SA any
more, it's just trouble for everyone. I recommend that from now on,
imports are only permitted under accounts that are newly created for
that import, thereby automatically signing the contributor terms and
paving the way for the future license change. Anything other than that
only creates unnecessary work for all parties involved.

Bye
Frederik