[Imports] "readonly" tag for imported data (ask "simple" editors to not modify)?

Sun Apr 24 22:36:23 UTC 2011

Jan Iven wrote:
> As such, is there some agreed way for a large-scale import to pass
> the message to editors such as Potlatch that they need not bother
> editing these features? (this would allow me to go off and pester
> these editors to actually honour such an attribute). Of course, the
> editor could chose not to honour this (i.e. JOSM when
> importing/improving some CORINE areas), but at least this would then
> be intentional.

Potlatch is not a "simple" editor. You can, and many people do, use it
as your sole OSM editor. I will categorily not permit any function to be
added to it that prevents certain items from being edited.

OSM is a crowdsourced editable mapping platform. If you want to host
non-editable data in it, you're looking in the wrong place. This has
been discussed ad infinitum on the lists previously.

cheers
Richard