[Imports] "readonly" tag for imported data (ask "simple" editors to not modify)?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Wed Apr 27 03:26:18 UTC 2011

On 4/26/2011 9:11 PM, Anthony wrote:
>   mess up more than they help, but it is
> something which can be done.  An example of data which doesn't have a
> real world meaning would be the TIGER TLID.  That would be data which
> isn't crowdsourced editable.  Whatever TIGER says the TIGER TLID is,
> that's what it is.  That kind of stuff shouldn't be imported.

    TLID can be useful for very narrow situations - I have encountered
one in my playing with conflation algorithms.    Obviously very far from
a general purpose tool, it allows projection of high accuracy updated
unnamed road geometry onto the original sloppy sketch.  Without a TLID,
it would require the mapper to manually delete and create the new one,
or spot the general shape and associate the 2 objects.