[Imports] Problems uploading Burundi boundaries data

Arie Scheffer ariescheffer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:56:06 BST 2011

Hello Marc and others,

After you contacted me I took another look at the data I used. Firstly,
I'm certain I downloaded the zip-file containing Burindian border data
from FAO GeoNetwork <http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/main.home>
where It was credited to Africover, but today I couldn't find it there.
Secondly, the file concerned is called bu-adm.zip containing 7 files:
bu-adm.dbf, bu-adm.prj, bu-adm.sbn, bu-adm.sbx, bu-adm.shp,
bu-adm.shp.xml, bu-adm.shx. I couldn't find any declaration of ownership
in the files but in Bu-adm.shp.xml I found this license text:

     >## ODC Database Contents License

    The Licensor and You agree as follows:

    ### 1.0 Definitions of Capitalised Words

    The definitions of the Open Database License (ODbL) 1.0 are incorporated
    by reference into the Database Contents License.

    ### 2.0 Rights granted and Conditions of Use

    2.1 Rights granted. The Licensor grants to You a worldwide,
    royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable copyright license to
    do any act that is restricted by copyright over anything within the
    Contents, whether in the original medium or any other. These rights
    explicitly include commercial use, and do not exclude any field of
    endeavour.  These rights include, without limitation, the right to
    sublicense the work.

    2.2 Conditions of Use. You must comply with the ODbL.

    2.3 Relationship to Databases and ODbL. This license does not cover any
    Database Rights, Database copyright, or contract over the Contents as
    part of the Database. Please see the ODbL covering the Database for more
    details about Your rights and obligations.

    2.4 Non-assertion of copyright over facts. The Licensor takes the
    position that factual information is not covered by copyright. The DbCL
    grants you permission for any information having copyright contained in
    the Contents.

    ... (warranties etc.)

This license is fullly compliant with OSM's license. Any claims made by
Africover have no bearing on this data file. Further, I am unable to
attribute the data correctly. I should therefore not use a source: key.
Would you agree?

Arie