[Imports] Update: Somalia places imported; roads up next

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:35:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Schuyler Erle <schuyler at nocat.net> wrote:

> I would like to import the region and district boundaries from the OCHA COD next. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to go about this? If I just import the polygons as is, we'll wind up with a lot of redundant nodes and ways, I'm guessing. I would really appreciate feedback.

Have you looked at ogr2osm? I have tinkered with it a little and I
know it can create multipolygon relations that share common ways with
each other, thus avoiding the duplication.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ogr2osm

I think I did find a bug with it although it has yet to be confirmed
or dealt with in any way:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/3144

Toby