[Imports] Bus data for Fairfax Connector, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Sat Aug 27 04:41:41 UTC 2011

I've finally gotten back to this data, and have created a translation
for ogr2osm, and have reviewed bits of the data and am pleased with
the quality both in terms of spatial accuracy and attribute data. You
can find the original data, translation file, and resulting osm.xml
file and more details on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fairfax_Connector#Importing

There are still a few kinks with the tags, so please take a look at
the data and the translation file, and send me your feedback. Namely:
* how to translate name (since no 'name' attribute exists, as bus
stops don't have specific names, rather are described by cross
streets)
* should I consider overhead lighting 100 feet away as lit=yes?
* should I explicitly set lit/wheelchair/shelter/bench=no in certain cases?

Thanks,
-Josh