[Imports] New module to merge-sort imports over time (osmfetch python)

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Aug 27 06:19:38 UTC 2011

On 08/26/2011 02:56 AM, Jaak Laineste wrote:
> What is this "care share location" really? Some special spot, or
> co-located with other amenities (gas stations, bus stations, buildings
> etc)? If the objects are really autonomous nodes, connected to
> nothing, then your solution could work well. I can imagine similar
> situation with other very specific datasets: say elevation info (DEM),
> half-virtual objects like geocaches.

A car share location (typically) is a reserved parking space.
A vehicle is parked in the spot.
A central reservation system controls who is allowed to take the vehicle
and when.

It is not necessary co-located with anything.
There is typically no infrastructure other than a "no parking except car
share" sign.
The only "connection" is to the reservation system.

>  I cannot resist to propose also OpenMetaMap solution for your case:
osmfetch is OpenMetaMap,
except with human review,
mirroring data rather than linking to it,
and feasible today.

The car share data is tagged such that it could readily be wiped from
osm and converted to OpenMetaMap linkages.  The hand mapped tags would
need to live on the OMM link.