[Imports] ogr2osm problems

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Aug 29 17:30:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:09 AM, Fredy Rivera <fredyrivera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> We are in the process of importing data to the Ministry of Transport
> of Colombia will contribute to OSM, this is good news but when
> converting files with ogr2osm get the following error:
>
> Any ideas?
> Humano
>
> [snip]
>
> Simplifying line segments
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "ogr2osm/ogr2osm.py", line 658, in <module>
>    for nodeID in segmentNodes[segmentID]:
> KeyError: -437711

Sounds like it might be the same as this bug report:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/3512

I think it might be due to corrupt or badly-formed data, but I'm not
the one that wrote that code, so I can't provide much insight. I did
take a quick look at it, but didn't see an obvious problem. Maybe
Ivan, the original author, can suggest some possibilities?

-Josh