[Imports] [OSM-dev] OSM-3D tagging info

Jaime Crespo jynus at jynus.com
Fri Dec 16 12:48:08 UTC 2011

El 16/12/2011 10:22, "Paul Norman" <penorman at mac.com> escribió:

> 3d tagging is not widely supported. I think it’d be of questionable value.

I think that importing the number of floors and/or the height of the
building is something really useful. Look at those pretty buildings in 3d
renderings. Google folks love them. :-)

Time to establish one?

> What software are you using to convert, and what’s the license of the
data?

I am in no way related to Ander, but I extensively know about his team's
work because he has providing feedback for some months in the Spanish list.
I told them, however, to follow the gidelines (which he is doing well,
considering the import is not yet prepared) and inform at the international
lists. Most Spanish mappers (including the most veterans) are aware and
prividing feedback, corrections, opinions on data selection.

The data he is using is the one I announced early this year in the talk
list about Spanish Cadastre release (nobody seamed to care much back then).
It is not only compatible with CTs, but they are giving full rights
ownership to any Spanish citizen, to do anything they want with the data
set.
It is mostly landuse and building shapes. Just to be clear: must be Spanish
to download, any derivative work is yours and can be "exported".

The software is a custom made still-in-progress converter to osm xml format
divided in 3000 or so areas (municipalities).

includes discussing with the local community and imports at openstreetmap.org.

are working on an application to convert data from a goverment database
called Catastro (which has been openned to all users little time ago) to
osm format in order to do massive imports. This database contains all the
urban and rustical info about landuse, buildings... and lots of interesting
things to add like sub_stations, amenities or even streetlamps and trees.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Spanish_Catastro

--
Jaime Crespo