[Imports] US Forest Service Data

Tom Ponte tgis at bendbroadband.com
Thu Feb 10 17:19:04 GMT 2011

Excellent feedback - thanks everyone. In this case I am quite sure now I am not deleting any individual edits. But this info on identifying the data etc is very helpful for future reference. The piece I am working on is interesting in that it is an area that was recently designated as wilderness. Many of the primitive roads (tiger) that are showing OSM the BLM and local Enviro groups do not want showing as trails. So a small subset of the original tiger "roads" will become trails. - no motorized vehicles are now allowed. Other old primitive roads will quickly become filled in with sand and native vegetation. I have the official dataset from the BLM. It is accurate and it seems to be ok with them to use it for OSM. I am using this data as a trial run because it is a small area before possibly talking on the local forest service dirt roads.

Tom Ponte
GIS Analyst
541 419-2113
TGIS at BendBroadband.com