[Imports] Imports, trails, POIs for National Parks

Seth Fitzsimmons seth at mojodna.net
Wed Feb 16 00:32:09 GMT 2011

> Any suggestions on where to look for other users interested in this, or
> free and open data import sites, all information will be helpful.

The National Park Service has lots of data that would probably make a great
starting point for improvements:
http://nrinfo.nps.gov/Map.mvc/GeospatialSearch

Watch out for the park boundary data though: many of the features are
incorrectly offset due to having been doubly-transformed from NAD27 to WGS84
at some point.  I've tried to email NPS in the past about this but have
never managed to elicit a response.

seth