[Imports] Pacific Northwest Land Cover Data

John Holden webmaster at stattosoftware.com
Sat Feb 26 02:50:59 UTC 2011

Hey OSM importers,

I have vectorized data from the NOAA CCAP land cover set for both Oregon and Washington, primarily for use with FlightGear, the open source flight simulator (http://www.flightgear.org).

I have about 8 square degrees worth of processed vector land cover data accurate to ~60m. More importantly though this data covers wooded areas where community users are not likely to contribute land cover data. While I have three different types of land cover (evergreen, deciduous and mixedforest as per the NOAA designations) I think these could all be merged together to form natural=wood.

This data does NOT designate a designated forest area.

Please let me know if this seems like a good idea for an import.

Yours
John