[Imports] Fwd: [OpenStreetMap] Uploading filling stations

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Thu May 19 10:18:26 UTC 2011

Hello list members,

here is a nice data offer.
Unfortunately I don't have time to deal with it.

Anybody who wants to do the import?

Thanks
Lulu-Ann

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:57:12 +0100
Von: MOL Group service stations <m-186888-5f7c7a at messages.openstreetmap.org>
An: Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Betreff: [OpenStreetMap] Uploading filling stations

Hallo Lulu-Ann,

MOL Group service stations hat dir eine Nachricht über OpenStreetMap mit dem Betreff Uploading filling stations gesendet:

==
Dear Lulu-Ann, and OSM Community,

I am contacting you and OSM on behalf of MOL Group. We operate 1630 fuel filling stations in the European region under 7 brands: MOL, Slovnaft, INA, Tifon, IES, Energopetrol, ROTH. Countries involved are Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania, Bosnia, Serbia, Italy. You can find out more about us here: http://www.mol.hu/en/.

We plan to be available to our travelling audience on OSM maps as well.

I have studied the way OSM operates, and found that there is a great emphasis on communication. The reason this letter is written is firstly to greet the community and share our plan about uploading our POI content of cca. 1650 filling stations. Hereby I ask your kind approval to this upload.

About the method of uploading:
Considering the magnitude of data, I would really prefer some batch upload methodology. To find the easiest way I have made some research and found a peer who already managed such uploading task in case of electric charging stations: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/eladestationen
This community member, named “eladestationen” will send a monthly set of data on electric charging station POI-s to OSM for uploading.
I am asking the responsible person if I could go by the same procedure, i.e.: I send the coordinates, with company names, icons, etc to OSM who uploads them to the map. In order to continuously maintain the actual status of our filling station network we can send updates of closed or newly opened filling stations monthly or quarterly.

Thanks for your kind coperation,

Regards,
András Marton
Retail / Business Analysis and Support