[Imports] Spain EGRN import assigns capital=yes to level 8 cities, upsets rendering

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Oct 17 13:20:48 BST 2011

Hi,

    current Europe screenshot of OSM Tile Server:

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/current.png

Note the cut-off black city labels on the east coast of Spain. After all
tiles have re-rendered, this will look like so:

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/future.png

A slightly unbalanced rendering I'd say. The reason is that a recent
import seems to have elevated a number of nodes to "capital=yes" status,
e.g.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/270188908/history

even if they are only a provincial capital (in this case, population=1924).

I suggest that we either remove capital=yes from these places again, or
change our rendering rules to ignore capital=yes for all nodes in Spain
with name != "Madrid" ;)

Bye
Frederik