[Imports] Spain EGRN import assigns capital=yes to level 8 cities, upsets rendering

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Mon Oct 17 14:45:14 BST 2011

On Lunes, 17 de Octubre de 2011 15:11:38 James Umbanhowar escribió:
> From reading the wiki
> (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/capital) it seems as
> though this type of tagging of capitals with admin_level as an additional
> tag to represent what type of capital it is, has been proposed and has
> received some support in the community.

After spending a few minutes thinking on the issue, I have to agree with this
point of view: tagging municipality capitals (yes, we have that in Spain) with
capital=yes is not a bad way of tagging them.

I do agree that the rendering is frakked up at the moment, but IMHO the better
solution right now is to filter out capitals depending on the admin_level and
zoom level.

Then, we can switch to the discussion about which method is better for tagging
them. If capital=8, or as relationship members, or what.

Best,