[Imports] Acadia National Park

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Oct 17 15:48:58 BST 2011

I've uploaded the trail shapefile to GeoCommons:
http://geocommons.com/maps/108641 (trails over OSM map)
geocommons.com/overlays/166479 (just the trail dataset)

Kerry,
Could you please share with us your converted and cleaned up version
as a OSM.XML file? Could you also share your attribute to tag mapping
(and your ogr2osm or shp-to-osm conversion file if available)? I'd
like to know how you plan to handle the ref=* key, whether to use just
the trail number or trail+section number. Here's my stab at a
conversion:

TRAILTYPE: "Existing/Maintained", "Existing/Old Fire Road" -
Irrelevant for OSM, both are maintained just different
TRAILNAME: map to name=*
ALTTRLNAME: map to alt_name=*
NUM_SEC: map to ref=*
MapCOLOR: map to colour=* using below table (given as HSV, but must use RGB)

Anemone Violet, 284-100-90, #A800E6
Seville Orange, 40-100-90, #E69900
Lapis Lazuli, 216-100-90, #005CE6
Leaf Green, 100-100-66, #38A800
Poinsetta Red, 0-100-90, #E60000

And of course you're more familiar with the park, but maybe use:
highway=path
foot=yes
bicycle=yes
operator=United States National Park Service

-Josh