[Imports] [Talk-us] MA towns

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Oct 20 19:03:09 UTC 2011

Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> writes:

> Starting with Stow, (is this the right Stow?)
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.4237&lon=-71.5119&zoom=13&layers=M
> you might decide that the existing town border is correct-enough, then
> merge the Worcester / Middlesex border to the town line where they are
> expected to overlap.  Refer to other sources, perhaps aerial imagery,
> at the same time and you'll have the opportunity to fix other problems
> in / around Stow as well.  Then do a couple of the adjacent towns as
> well.  Adjacent towns should be easier because you'll have already
> sorted out one of the shared borders.

For the record, the Stow data was hand-imported by me from the very same
database Calvin is using, and it's 100% ok with me to nuke what I did
and replace it with a new load of the same data.

(I intentionally did only my town because I knew we'd be getting to this
later stage at some point, and wanted to create minimal additional work
for the later people.)