[Imports] [Talk-us] importing bus stops

Metcalf, Calvin (DOT) calvin.metcalf at state.ma.us
Thu Apr 12 11:41:13 UTC 2012

Hey guys sorry I haven't been paying more attention to this of late, but I wanted to help as I did do a rather large bus import in the Massachusetts area that seemed go off fine (nobody complained to me at least).

First I would recommend looking at the Google transit feed files for the UTA rather then the state gis layer.  If Utah gis is anything like massgis then the their official gis layer is just based on an out of date gtfs, you can grab the most up to date uta gtfs here http://www.gtfs-data-exchange.com/agency/utah-transit-authority/latest.zip and it's from 4/6/12.  The main advantage of this was that it gave ref tags that could theoretically be hooked in to the real time transport data.

If your interested I can give you slightly more details about how I did that import.
--
Calvin Metcalf
Massachusetts Department of Transportation