[Imports] Vermont Town boundaries from VCGI

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Aug 8 16:04:27 BST 2012

> From: Andrew Guertin [mailto:andrew.guertin at uvm.edu]
> Subject: Re: [Imports] Vermont Town boundaries from VCGI
>

> > As mostly a manual mapper, I can stress that multipolygons are the way
> > to go for areas that are adjacent.
>
> Way deduplication/relation creation has not been re-added to the current
> version of ogr2osm. I'm torn between adding it or splitting ways and
> creating multipolygons manually. Based on the size of the data set, it
> would probably take about the same amount of time, so I think I will try
> to add the functionality to ogr2osm.

I'm somewhat torn on the usefulness of this in ogr2osm. It's on my to-do
list as an option, but in practice I find it's often more work to deal with
merging multipolygons than to merge ways and split them after merging.

If you do add to ogr2osm, can you pull my changes. A few of the changes are
related to the existing MP creation code as well as node de-duplication
code.