[Imports] KHARKOV address

Дмитрий ems.viking at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:24:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We obtained address information for the whole Kharkov city, Ukraine.

We already discussed it with the local community, and developed plan on how
to do the import.

The process is semi-automated, with careful copying the existing tags to
new entities. Also there will be manual work on adding streets to the
relations, so address could work.

The data is license-free, we have the relevant permissions and it is passed
to OSM under ODbL/CT.

Actually we started the import, but were contacted by Paul Norman, so
making the thing straight according the guidelines.

All the technical details are described here (sorry, Russian-only):

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2/%D0%98%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82_%D0%B0%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B2_%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B2