[Imports] Making the current guidelines/code of conduct about imports/automated|mechanical edits clearer and merged

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 03:58:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Jeff Meyer <jeff at gwhat.org> wrote:

> Why do we require changeset tags, as well, then? Just for tracking the
> source of the information, which won't be available as part of the object's
> history?

Changeset tags are useful for metadata. Those tag gives you
information on all the changes made to the object during that change
(eg new tags).

I don't know what you mean about not being available as part of the
object's history, since the history contains the changeset of the
changes, and the tags can be retrieved from the changeset.

- Serge