[Imports] [Talk-us] MassGIS Building Import Start

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:20:36 UTC 2012

Hi Paul
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> A couple of initial comments: ****
>
> ** **
>
> Has some kind of simplify been run on the data? Although most of the
> buildings are quite good some of the curved ones are overnoded (e.g.
> http://took.paulnorman.ca/imports/massgis/noded.png)

No simplification has been run. Let me see how common that it, get back to
this issue tonight.
 **

> If your documentation conflicts with the requirements of the import
> guidelines (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines#Use_a_dedicated_user_account)
> around a dedicated account it may lead to people importing your data
> getting blocked.

Seperate from the policy discussion, what should we do.

1. Make one account, share pasword.
2. Have everybody that wants to help make an import account themselves.
3. Upload the data unchanged under one account, then clean it up afterwards
with our normal accounts the next day. Note: we could still do this town by
town.

 **

> You’ve asked for a check of the reprojection in the data directory but I
> don’t actually see a data directory anywhere. Could you provide a link?

The data is here.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6HixOxli_6ldGVkREtxdk5lWGM/edit

Thanks
Jason.