[Imports] National Land Survey of Finland data imports

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jan 23 14:33:55 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:24:32 +0200
"Pekka Sarkola" <Pekka.Sarkola at poscon.fi> wrote:
> I have several times discussed with NLS people about data license and
> OSM data license (old and new). It is obvious that we can import NLS
> data sets to be part of OSM.

We cannot import all data in the world that is legally possible to
import. Is there reason to believe that the community will benefit from
such an import? We should not repeat past mistakes where tons and tons
of data have been imported just to make the map look nice, and now
there's nobody to care for it. Is the community in Finland large enough
to maintain the data once it is imported?

Bye
Frederik