[Imports] San Luis Obispo County roads, discussion

Joe Larson joe at joelarson.com
Mon Jun 4 23:06:42 UTC 2012

I wanted to bounce this off some of those watching this list. While I'm not proposing a straight 'import' of this - I feel some of the people on this list might have some other ideas or guidance.

This is a public domain street centerline dataset http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38388156/SLO_ROADS_2012JUN4.osm that the County of San Luis Obispo paid a contractor to complete/edit/update/conflate - it was delivered May 2010. Myself and another local user worked on an ogr2osm translation, here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/San_Luis_Obispo

The conclusion that I've come to is that there's not a tool or automation to get this data into OpenStreetMap. I think the best way to conflate this is manually, perhaps using the OSM Tasking Manager https://github.com/pgiraud/OSMTM#readme to track progress while inspecting existing data?

Thanks for any feedback _ joe