[Imports] Landsat forest classification

Dimo Dimchev reactor at abv.bg
Thu Mar 8 13:25:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I see many countries using the CLC and the results are
good looking maps at lower zoom levels. When I zoom in, there are no
more details and some data seems to be incorrect. I tried to make
classification of a landsat scene and the results I got look promising.
New imagery allowed new changes to reflect on the map and much more
details were on the map, giving the bigger data size.
I have some examples over the south-west of Sofia
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/431/imagerym.jpg
and a test changeset over the eastern Rhodopes
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.6761&lon=25.9656&zoom=12&layers=M

The only external data I used is Landsat imagery which is known to be free, but what about licensing? Is there need to ask them for permission after the vectors in the output are derivative work of their imagery?