[Imports] [Talk-us] Uploads to City of Salisbury, MD

AJ Ashton aj.ashton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:08:54 UTC 2012

Hi Nick,

The quality of these building footprints looks great, and it's the
kind of thing I personally like to see imported because it's tedious
to trace them accurately and difficult/impossible to capture them with
GPS. And as you mentioned it can assist future placement of shops,
amenities, etc.

However, from downloading and looking at a random area in JOSM, I'm
seeing some problems. You can't tell from the renders, but many
buildings are there more than once as separate overlapping objects.
Example:

- http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/153813132
- http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/153808317
- http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/153849919

It looks like the problem objects all have a 'sby:bldgtype' tag and no
other tags, so it should be a straight-forward fix. I not exactly sure
the best way to go about that, though.

--
AJ Ashton