[Imports] Addition of building footprints in selected U.S. and Canadian cities

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Mar 23 01:05:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Personally, I'm most interested in discovering how you're planning on doing
> the conflict detection between the incoming data and existing OSM data. The
> import list has been interested in something like that for a long time and
> we haven't really had something that did it right.

Sounds like this could be a good application of the conflation plugin
I've been working on. I'm in the process of integrating the Java
Topology Suite (JTS) and the Java Conflation Suite (JCS) which offers
some pretty powerful matching features based on attributes (tags),
distance, overlap, etc. Like others have said, this would still need
to be done at a local level in small chunks, which is good since the
plugin likely can't handle matching more than 5000 or so objects
without taking forever. I'd be glad to have help on the plugin
however, my nights and weekends have been pretty busy lately...

-Josh