[Imports] Fwd: Re: Spanish cadastre

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es
Wed Mar 28 08:41:40 UTC 2012

El 28/03/12 09:56, Paul Norman escribió:

> Reviewing this file, it only contains highway=residential,
> highway=track, highway=footway, highway=pedestrian and leisure=garden.
> Are you not proposing to import anything other than streets and gardens?

As it has been said before, cat2osm lets you select what part of the
source file from cadastre you want to transform to osm format. As
parcels and landuse seem to be very controversial, for this sample data
I only transformed highway=* (option -ejes of cat3osm) for "Don Benito"
municipality. This municipality has a town and several hamlets and
suburbs. The town and some of the hamlets were already mapped, so their
import has been discarded. Sample file contains only suburbs and hamlets
currently "empty" in OSM.

> The accuracy of the roads appears to be good, although potentially
> dated. The NW cluster of data overlaps with the E-90 which appears in
> the imagery to have been recently expanded.

Yes, I expanded it while preparing the import. Merging new data with
existing ones has not been done, this is the reason for the overlap.
This last step will be done before uploading the data. All new ways have
to be connected as well with current data where appropriate. If you have
a look at the other sample data (Navalvillar.zip), there's a file where
this last step is already done (current_osm+cadastre.osm)

--
Por favor, no me envíe documentos con extensiones .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .mdb, mdbx
Instale LibreOffice desde http://es.libreoffice.org/descarga/