[Imports] Fwd: Re: Spanish cadastre

Jaak Laineste jaak.laineste at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:23:09 UTC 2012

>  Also if anyone has mapped when visiting other areas with the Corrine or LandUse imports and been happy with the edit experience?

This was my main practical concern. We (well, myself) have imported corine for my country, and now the edit experience is major issue. Standard first step for rural mapping now is to delete most of corine. Perhaps should have tested more with testserver, but then I/we were too excited with new map details and did not test editing properly. Maybe editing tools will be ready for "detailed land cover" type of data one day, but now it is too hard. We still have many duplicate lakes with different resolutions and fixing just one takes half an hour absolutely no-fun clicking.

But - it should be less problematic with simpler data like roads and buildings.

/jaak