[Imports] [Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat May 5 02:33:38 UTC 2012

Yes. Stevea said it looked like it needed to be reverted in whole and
nmixter said that there are issues and said if it comes to a revert, fine.
Quotes below.

No one laid out a plan for fixing the data and no one volunteered to clean
it up. In the current discussion new people have commented who did not do so
previously but still no one has come up with an alternative plan to clean it
up.

If someone believes that there is an alternate way to clean this up, please
propose it and volunteer to carry it out!

> From: stevea [mailto:steveaOSM at softworkers.com]
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports
>
> However, as we now see, nmixter has sprayed Fresno with a large data
> upload, which looks to me (sorry, Nathan) like something which needs to
> be reverted in whole.  As already noted here, many tags are superfluous,
> it is quite likely that good tests that Validator would have violently
> complained about were undone or simply ignored and uploaded anyway, and
> Nathan appears to not have tried to achieve consensus in a way that
> would have prevented this.  That is the crux of the problem, not his raw
> data (which with some improvement and more consensus, can truly turn
> into something appropriate for OSM, in my opinion).

> From: Nathan Mixter [mailto:srmixter at hotmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports
>
> Thanks for everyone's comments. I do take pride in making sure my imports
> are good. That said I realize there are issues with the Fresno import, one

> of my first imports. But I am not sure if we need to throw out the baby
> with the bath water just yet. If it comes to that, fine. I think the
problems
> with the import can be fixed. I am surprised it took two years to mention
and
> then from a person from Canada who I guess is doing a review for the
license.