[Imports] YahooJapan/ALPSMAP imports

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:31:00 BST 2012

On 2 October 2012 15:04, Satoshi IIDA <nyampire at gmail.com> wrote:

> * How to delete?
> I think BOT is the best way, but we don't have "know how" to run bots.

There have been two approaches in the past to removing unnecessary tags.

1) Automatic removal in editors. Both JOSM and Potlatch 2 (and
probably others) can remove tags when saving objects. This has the
advantage of minimising unnecessary edits to the database, but it can
take a long time to remove all the tags.
2) Removal with a bot. The biggest example of this was with
tiger-node-tags, which took up a significant fraction of the planet
file, and were unlikely to be removed quickly by normal editing since
very little TIGER nodes were being edited.

I don't know which approach is best in this case.

> * When do we start to modify?
> Currently imports are still ongoing.
> Most of them are imported already, but some are remains.

If there are imports with the extra tags that has not yet been
imported, it is best to stop the imports and fix the data first, if
possible.

Cheers,
Andy