[Imports] YahooJapan/ALPSMAP imports

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:02:15 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 October 2012 15:04, Satoshi IIDA <nyampire at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> * How to delete?
>> I think BOT is the best way, but we don't have "know how" to run bots.
>
> There have been two approaches in the past to removing unnecessary tags.
>
> 1) Automatic removal in editors. Both JOSM and Potlatch 2 (and
> probably others) can remove tags when saving objects. This has the
> advantage of minimising unnecessary edits to the database, but it can
> take a long time to remove all the tags.

I doubt any other editors do this. JOSM and P2 currently only do it
for the "created_by" tag. JOSM was recently patched to add some TIGER
and CanVec specific tags to the list. This patch also created a user
preference where tags can be added to the auto-delete list. This is in
-latest but not yet in -tested JOSM. P2 has an open ticket for which
I'm sure patches would be welcome :)

https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4552

Toby