[Imports] Importing CanVec better?

Maury Markowitz maury.markowitz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:28:24 BST 2012

Newb here, so I hope this is the right place to ask. I also posted on one of the wiki talk pages, but I didn't know if anyone goes there.

I have noticed that vectors imported from the CanVec database are split at grid boundaries. This means that large objects like roads or lakes are split into multiple parts in OSM.

I strongly suspect that there is a way to re-integrate these into single objects, which would greatly improve things (case in point, the cottage would no longer be on a three-part lake :-)

As this data is automatically imported, is this the right place to discuss this?