[Imports] What to do with unnamed NHD streams

Drew Moffitt dmm at ftn-assoc.com
Mon Oct 29 13:43:14 UTC 2012

The major issue I see with blindly importing NHD data is it's attributes CAN
NOT be relied upon.  Your import might end up extremely fragmented.  I work
with a lot with streams that in one segment have a name and the Perennial
tag, the next segment no name and the artificial channel tag.  I really want
NHD imported as much as you do, but I think a discontinuous import is worse
than none.

What about regions, sub regions, etc that have been 'upgraded' to NHD plus?
These areas might have 'better' data. I am not sure.