[Imports] Czech administrative boundary update

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" petr at pada.cz
Thu Sep 6 09:34:39 BST 2012

Hello,

recently our government published a new database with geodata (RÚIAN),
by our laws this database is in PD.

The database contains (among other things) accurate administrative
boundaries in GML. The old import of Czech adm. boundaries, that was
performed a couple of years ago, was done by tracing bitmaps from WMS
(not really accurate).
We've discussed their update in local talk-cz, and started with it under
account [1].

We did not feel the need to discuss this action internationally, because
we were not introducing any "new" data, just updating old one. During
the update it turned out that the old data contain far more inaccuracies
than originally anticipated. This resulted in a large amount of changes
and pnorman asked me to hold off, until I confirm with sysadmins that
this is ok. So here I am ;-)

I'm not really sure how much more data we will uploading, but if we end
up updating really every boundary in Czech Rep., then we're more than
half way there.

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/czechreg