[Imports] Corine Land Cover - Montenegro

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Sep 24 04:19:14 UTC 2012

Could you post a sample .osm file for an area so we can see the tagging? I know some Corine imports have been over-loaded with tags.

On Sep 23, 2012, at 12:40 PM, Thomas <toba0211 at yahoo.de> wrote:

Hi,
as the subject indicates, I want to import CLC data in Montenegro. I am aware of the accuracy and the issues it may cause if all available data is imported like in Romania. Therefore, I only want to import forests (CLC codes 311,312,313). The main reasons are the lack of active mapper there and the absence of even medium resolution bing aerial images in large parts of the country.

Fortunately, there exist already a lot of documentation on CLC imports in the wiki so there is not much to do. If I start, I will add some lines here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Corine_Land_Cover

As said, there is not active community. I have discussed it with the No. 1 editor (by far) there and he is fine.
I will create a dedicated OSM account for the import. Technically, I have nearly finished the data/changeset but I am not a friend of blind uploads. Therefore, I will open the CLC data in JOSM in a separate layer, download the OSM data for an area and copy it over after adjusting CLC data if area features already exist...should not happen very often....with an eye on aerial images. So this is not a classical import.
I have no intention to upload anything else.

Kind regards
Thomas