[Imports] Cameroon mapping project and imports

Sob Willy-Franck sobzeros at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 25 11:55:41 UTC 2013

Mygraduation project is to implement the GeoCameroun. It is a mapping portal Cameroon, accessible to all based on OSM.

More than just a portal, the
project aims to use OSM as urban management tools.

what is already done:
- From 2010 to 2012,
I did some field missions (mainly in Yaoundé)
- July-August 2012
with a group of 4 students we educate local
students on the osm  project
- This year from March 11 to April 8, with the support of EUROSHA Cameroon, Cameroon OSM community has
been launched.
- We conducted a
conference and some training in JOSM
- I furrowed some streets of
the capital and other cities in Cameroon (Limbe, Bertoua, Buea)
with video system board (GPS + Camera). This permit direct
measurement of the coordinates (x, y, z) on images with a centimeter accuracy.
- We have received permission to import some public data
in OSM (forest roads, student projects) (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GeoCameroun)
- The scripts to generate OSM files
(Ogr2Osm, OSGeo4W ...)
- A dedicated account for imports (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/GeoCameroun)
 What remains to
be done:
- Finish the project documentation on the wiki OSM (I will finish it as soon as
possible, I just have other more pressing issues for the moment)
- finish the discussion with the local community on the national data to
import.
- my internship report will naturally be public.

Do not hesitate tocontact me for any information about the
project (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/sobzeros)

me:
- Willy Franck SOB osm account: sobzeros
Student E.S.G.T (Engineering School of Land Surveying) France.
OSM member France, President of OSM Cameroon

company:
- SOGEFI (http://www.sogefi-sig.com) osm account: SOGEFI
Geomatics company  and member of OSM France

with:
- Etienne TRIMAILLE osm account: Gustry
  student intern SOGEFI and member of OSM France

- Pierre TOUZARD osm account: pierre touzard
   supervisor and member OSM France
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Cameroon
 Sincerely,