[Imports] Cameroon mapping project and imports
penorman at mac.com
Thu Apr 25 19:35:28 UTC 2013
It is not clear what you are proposing to import, what license it is under,
how much data there is, how you plan to process it, what type of objects
youre proposing to import.
Also, you have included a lot of non-import related information here which
makes it harder to figure out exactly what youre proposing to do.
From: Sob Willy-Franck [mailto:sobzeros at yahoo.fr]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:56 AM
To: imports at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Imports] Cameroon mapping project and imports
My graduation project is to implement the GeoCameroun. It is a mapping
portal Cameroon, accessible to all based on OSM.
More than just a portal, the project aims to use OSM as urban management
what is already done:
- From 2010 to 2012, I did some field missions (mainly in Yaoundé)
- July-August 2012 with a group of 4 students we educate local students on
the osm project
- This year from March 11 to April 8, with the support of EUROSHA Cameroon,
Cameroon OSM community has been launched.
- We conducted a conference and some training in JOSM
- I furrowed some streets of the capital and other cities in Cameroon
(Limbe, Bertoua, Buea) with video system board (GPS + Camera). This permit
direct measurement of the coordinates (x, y, z) on images with a centimeter
- We have received permission to import some public data in OSM (forest
roads, student projects) (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GeoCameroun)
- The scripts to generate OSM files (Ogr2Osm, OSGeo4W ...)
- A dedicated account for imports
What remains to be done:
- Finish the project documentation on the wiki OSM (I will finish it as soon
as possible, I just have other more pressing issues for the moment)
- finish the discussion with the local community on the national data to
- my internship report will naturally be public.
Do not hesitate to contact me for any information about the project
- Willy Franck SOB osm account: sobzeros
Student E.S.G.T (Engineering School of Land Surveying) France.
OSM member France, President of OSM Cameroon
- SOGEFI (http://www.sogefi-sig.com <http://www.sogefi-sig.com/> ) osm
Geomatics company and member of OSM France
- Etienne TRIMAILLE osm account: Gustry
student intern SOGEFI and member of OSM France
- Pierre TOUZARD osm account: pierre touzard
supervisor and member OSM France
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports