[Imports] [Imports-us] Finalizing DC building + address import

AJ Ashton aj.ashton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 21:14:00 UTC 2013

There are some odd multipolygons being created for some of the rowhouses:

http://ubuntuone.com/47TcaAdkeGQm54je57YAm5

The courtyardish area is incorrectly being added as a second 'outer'
polygon - it should not be included at all, and there shouldn't be a need
for a multipolygon.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Jason Remillard
<remillard.jason at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> The JOSM validation on the building file does not look so hot. Lots of
> buildings overlapping each other, duplicate nodes, etc. Also, like
> Clifford mentioned, the street names need to be expanded.
>
> Jason.
>
> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone -
> >
> > I've put together here a proposal to finalize the stalled DC building +
> > address import.
> >
> > - Please review proposal below [1] and post feedback here.
> > - I hope to discuss any open items at import hangout Monday night (is
> there
> > one scheduled?)
> > - I hope to do first test imports on Saturday at the DC OSM Birthday
> sprint
> > [2].
> >
> > Looking forward to your review + feedback.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/blob/master/PROPOSAL.md
> > [2] http://osmlab.github.io/birthday-sprint/

AJ Ashton