[Imports] TIGER realignment import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Aug 6 02:43:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Eric Fischer <enf at pobox.com> wrote:

> Thanks for any advice you might have about improvements to the process or
> to the files.

Eric,
I just did a quick looked at Benton County Washington. Some of the changes
seem fairly insignificant. However, when I was looking at a couple of
service roads that appear to run off into a farmers field i noticed a
nearby road that needs to be fixed. However, It the file did have an
changes for the that road. See the image at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drpy22fiuhpciec/BentonCounty.png

Sorry for my ignorance, but I need help understanding osc files. How can I
tell if the way is going to be deleted, for example the two service roads
highlighted against the green fields? One of the way ids is 5836549. From
the xml, there was no delete. Should I be looking for something else.

As Serge said on the call tonight, I support getting more people involve.
It might mean offering to teach people how to review their county. We had
to teach JOSM to numerous people and different venues when we started the
Seattle Import Process.  Certainly you are faced with a bigger problem of
no new community to draw from. We were fortunate to have Jeff Meyer's
connections to the local open source gis community. I was thinking about
the problem after the call. I wonder if you offered to teach an online
class if we couldn't get people on talk-us and the Facebook page to help.
Using google hangeouts with the class saved to youtube might mean you only
have to do it once.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch