[Imports] TIGER realignment import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Aug 6 05:06:08 UTC 2013

There's really no difference between the two because reviewing .osc files
is so difficult. I do it with an XML editor open at the same time.

Most mappers use an editor that won't open .osc files (P2 and iD don't open
.osc files AFAIK) and actually determining the changes in a .osc file is not
easy at all.

JOSM makes a reasonable tool for uploading the files, but not a good tool
for reviewing them.

A second issue is that where the realignment is most useful is where there
have been few changes to existing TIGER data in OSM and the TIGER 2005 data
was very wrong. As a general rule, this isn't in areas where we have active
mappers.