[Imports] Legal requirements to import CC-BY-3.0 admin boundaries for Nepal

amrit karmacharya amrit.im at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 05:50:45 UTC 2013

We want to import Administrative boundaries to OSM for Nepal from a
CC-BY-3.0 data source (It is the same source that is listed under "Sources
Used" for GADM's Nepal boundaries). The data is
here<http://maps.worldbank.org/overlays/3238.iso>,
whose metadata <http://maps.worldbank.org/overlays/3238.iso> says: "Use
Constraints: This data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/"

What legal and practical issues should we think before commencing such an
import?
Our understanding of the situation is an OSM representation of this data
can be licensed under the OdBL, as long as we reference the source in both
the contributors page, as well as in the creation "comment" of the node /
ways. Is this correct?