[Imports] TIGER realignment import

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Aug 6 11:27:22 UTC 2013

This is a fantastic tool, and will be a great timesaver!

On 8/6/2013 7:11 AM, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> But even looking at a county in NJ, it's hard to do any serious
> review, because if you open an osc file in josm, you'll want to look
> at the parent objects too, and when I tried that (File->Download
> parent ways/relations), it ran for 15 minutes, and then I stopped it.
> That was one of the smaller osc files...

   Is there any way to use a daily .OSM file in JOSM to do this review?

   To date, I have been importing new TIGER subdivisions by copying them
from another JOSM layer.  I would say that the majority need to be
reviewed against Bing before uploading to resolve connectivity and
improve alignment, or to add turning circles while reviewing.