[Imports] [Imports-us] Finalizing DC building + address import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Aug 7 19:14:27 UTC 2013

> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
> - Please review proposal below [1] and post feedback here.

I had hoped to finish off this, but I'm sending what I've got so far.

Technical

- There are no merged nodes, leading to about 1.8k duplicate nodes

- The multipolygon generation is incorrect. See 1664 and 1666 at lat=38.9122
lon=-77.0612

Legal

- The terms of use and import permission contradict. Is our use not bound by
the Terms of Use linked?

Documentation

- Could you provide a link to the wiki page on this import? It is essential
that there is one so people can find out about the import.

- I see no mention of how you intend to get the data from the .osm files
into OSM

What software do you intend to use? How do you intend to distribute the
data? What changeset tags?