[Imports] TIGER realignment import

Mike N niceman at att.net
Wed Aug 7 19:38:26 UTC 2013

On 8/7/2013 1:54 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Ok, well how about with non-bot edit ways excluded?  If a hand mapper
> touched a way, exclude it.

   I have traveled through several TIGER deserts and performed alignment
based on my GPS tracks.   I aligned side roads at the intersections, but
did not continue aligning the side roads to their endpoints because I
did not have a GPS track for reference; often the road disappears under
trees, and at times the TIGER way for a main road went down a side road
by accident.   Without a GPS track it was hard to know for sure.   Many
of those now have very accurate TIGER data now.

    In summary, in my opinion, I would rather have all the new
alignments in the .OSC and manually review them all - they often point
to something else that needs to be corrected anyway.

   I haven't found any major problems with the points I've looked at;
I'll know more when there is an easy way to review the effects of each
proposed alignment change.