[Imports] [Imports-us] Finalizing DC building + address import

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Wed Aug 7 19:38:57 UTC 2013

Paul -

Thanks for your time and fast input here.

Captured: https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/issues/11

 Captured: https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/issues/17

> Legal
>
> - The terms of use and import permission contradict. Is our use not bound
> by
> the Terms of Use linked?

Do you refer to: the contradiction between:

" The only requirement that we have is that DC GIS be credited.  You can
use the following: District of Columbia (DC GIS)."

(explicit permission)

and:

"Include the following disclaimers on their sites: The data..."

Any problems with just adding the disclaimer on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors ?

> Documentation
>
> - Could you provide a link to the wiki page on this import? It is essential
> that there is one so people can find out about the import.

This is linked in the DC import wiki. Just updated the links to point to
this discussion.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Washington_DC/DCGIS_imports

> - I see no mention of how you intend to get the data from the .osm files
> into OSM

Added https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/blob/master/PROPOSAL.md#uploads

And incidentally, I have a question on this - should we use one or multiple
dedicated upload accounts?

https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/issues/18

> What software do you intend to use?

JOSM, captured:
https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/blob/master/PROPOSAL.md#uploads

How do you intend to distribute the
> data?

For now only individuals who can run the conversion script successfully can
participate. As we have a bunch of face time here in DC coming up we're not
planning on doing any uploads without personal interaction for now. More to
be determined at our sprint this weekend - which we have a good backlog for
:)

https://github.com/osmlab/dcbuildings/issues

> What changeset tags?

Any recommendations?